Wednesday, July 11, 2007

After a great weekend in SLC, I finially flew out to sweden on Monday July 9th... It was a pretty uneventful flight with a stop in Minnesota and in Amsterdam...I always love the feeling I get when getting off of the plane in another country. I love hearing people talk and realizing that I don't hear much English at all.... And its even better to when I arrive in Sweden and can understand it all....
My freind Daniel Naslund picked me up at the Airport and then I slept for a while..I had a little nap on Tuesday after I arrived, and I think that I am now on Swedish time....

Tuesday evening I didn't have much to do as Daniel left for a family vacation for a few days, so I went into town and went to check out most of my favorite places to wander. The weather was great and not near as hot as it is in Denver. Thank goodness.... I was out close to Medborgarplatsen in Stockholm and I ran into a few freinds of mine... We ended up walking around pretty late and walked about 30 minutes to my freind Max Akebrands' place. We all crashed there after staying up pretty late catching up...

On Wendsday, I went straight into town to pick up a few things on my way home from Max's..There were a ton of people in town, lots of tourists as well as locals out taking advantage of the summer sales.... From Max's its about 45 minutes from his place to Daniel's on the train. I got home, took a bit of a nap.. and then headed back into town. I ran into my freind Tobbe on the train into town... Stockholm is a bit like that.. a bit of a big, yet little town... you can still run into people you know quite often...





I met Max in town and we went to Kunghallarna to eat... pretty good food for a decent price.. I had some cajun chicken... kinda funny to come all the way to Sweden and then eat a dish called Louisiana Chicken.... We then went to Soder and had ice cream and sat and watched people... Niklas Wannerlund (Daniels roommate) came and met us, then we went over to Max's neighborhood.. He has a great place right by a lake..perfect for swimming.. He is also close to the forest and a large ski hill. We walked up to the ski hill and saw the view then went down into the new Hammarby Sjostad area. Its a pretty amazing area with lots of new apartments.. pretty modern and right next to the water...




Then from there Niklas and I caught one of the last trains on the tvarbana and then caught the night bus to Handen... then we were able to walk about 20 minutes the rest of the way home....all in all not a bad first full day in town....

2 Comments:

Blogger the peine's said...

We're glad that you got there safely! Have fun and make sure to keep this updated.

July 12, 2007 at 7:48 AM  
Blogger E. said...

All I can say is YOU LUCKY DOG............

July 19, 2007 at 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home