Thursday, July 12, 2007

Stockholm, Sweden.....

I must have been a bit in Denver time today as I woke up kind of late. Granted I did get home a bit late last night. I took the train into downtown in the afternoon to grab some late lunch. I got off of the train in Sodermalm and went over to Jerusalem's Kebab to eat. I had an awesome Kebab Talrik. (I took a picture of it just for you Jordan..... It was as good as ever!)





After lunch I walked about in Soder looking at the shops and at people for a while. I then caught the Tunnelbanan (subway) over to Ostermalm. There was a Metallica concert in town tonight and the subway was packed with concert goers in their metal band t-shirts... needless to say it was packed on the subway. I somehow managed to get off at my stop after climbing past a few people. I walked around Stureplan, which is kind of an expensive area, but with some really good shops and places to go out. I found a good buy on some jeans and started to look at suits, but decided to wait on the suit for a few days. I might check out a few more places.





I got a call from my friend Anna Maria Ekelund, who suggested that I come over to the church to meet her. They were having a dinner for her and some of the missionaries birthdays. On my way over to the church on Kammakar Gatan (street) I walked past a pretty sweet Ferrari.



One of the missionaries happened to be a girl that I know from my congregation in Denver. It was pretty cool to run into her and say hello. We had some awesome hot blueberry as well as rhubarb pie with ice cream.. kinda hard to beat.



On the way back home we went to see the Transformers movie at the Filmstaden in Hotorg.. I thought it was entertaining..but a bit cheesy...



Then I caught the last train back to Haninge to Daniels place... (again filled with people wearing Metallica T-shirts).......

2 Comments:

Blogger the peine's said...

We're STRAVIANG! Great, now we have to wait in SLC for one for year to get really awesome food! Please keep those pictures coming!

July 13, 2007 at 7:35 AM  
Blogger the peine's said...

starving! that would be Kim trying to spell.

July 13, 2007 at 5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home