Friday, July 13, 2007

So i managed to walk a ton today.. if I keep this up then I am really going to be in the best shape... Its amazing how much more you walk over here. Whether it is walking between the bus or the subway or just walking to different areas. It makes me really want to use my car less when I get home.

Today I started walking in Soder and then made my way over to the subway at Slussen. I hopped on the subway and to the Ostermalms Torg stop. I was pretty much just watching people today and taking pictures. I did have to duck into a 7 eleven to check my email for about 20 minutes during a short rainfall....other than that, I went all over town before eventually going to meet everyone for a dinner activity at church... It was good to run into so many friends that I haven't seen for so long...

Here are some pictures of the day....


This is one of the few skyscrapers in town.. This is one by Medborgarplatsen in Sodermalm.


A fountain in Kungstradgarden which means the "King's Garden". If you look you can see one of the palaces in the background (behind the 3 pillars on that stage).


The daily market at Hotorget right in town. The blue building is the Konserthuset (Concert House). This market has everything from flowers, produce, wallets, T-shirts, and of course fresh berries!



I walked through Mariatorget in Sodermalm (torget means square in Swedish) and they had a big Boule tournament. Its really like Bacci, but played with smaller balls made of metal. There must have been 8 games going on at once. This was the main game field as you can see by the bleachers... I had no idea it was such a spectator sport!



From MariaTorget I walked up to the north edge of Sodermalm. (its an Island, as Stockholm is built on a series of them) From there there is a great view of Gamla Stan (the old town).



This is the north edge of Sodermalm.. I took the last picture of Gamla Stan from the cliffs up behinds those buildings with the steeples.



On the way to the church I walked past the stop where the prime minister Olof Palme was killed in 1986 on the street on his way home from a movie...his murder has never been solved.



On a lighter note.. here are Moroni (left) and Johnnie as they attempt to (and finally succeed) to make brownies. Niklas is slaving away in the background.



Niklas putting the final touches before we eat.. We had awesome Greek food and a bit of America with Brownies for dessert.... Then we all went over to Hanna Mattsson's to hang out afterward... Then back home to hopefully get some sleep before a big Saturday....

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Jonathen,

Your mom convinced me to check out your blog. She's been subletting my apartment in Salt Lake while I travel (good place for her to paint.)Your adventures look fun!

I'm envious!

Where will ya'll be traveling in Norway?

Jenie Skoy

July 16, 2007 at 4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home